Unless you’re new to my site, you know I don’t wear anything but nude lipstick/lipgloss/lipliner/#AllNudeEverything/#NudeOnFleek/#OkLetMeStop. I’ll wear a red lip on occasion (that being probably Christmas or a day I was really bored a did a red lip) but 99.99.9% of the time I’m wearing something nude on my lips. It’s the perfect shade for everyone. I’m sorry if I am going to offend you here but wearing all those crazy lip colors should be reserved for the ladies and gentlemen at MAC. The only acceptable colors in my book for people to wear are red, nude and maybe a slight pink. Other than that these purple, blue, black and in between lipsticks are purely obnoxious to me. People who wear these colors tend to say things like “Make-up is an art. I am expressing myself”. Cool, but some art doesn’t sell for a reason…just sayin’.
Any who back to the topic at hand. Just for reference I have pretty pigmented lips, light to medium (Jk just light, when I wear Medium I must blend down. The only time I get away with medium is when I self tan) skin tone (NC20ish in MAC, 120 in MUFE, 20 in Chanel). My lips are also plumped up with hyaluronic acid (aka Juvederm) and extremely dry and flakey. I’ll post a lip care routine next because trust me when I say dry, I mean Sahara dry. Here are some of my favorite nude lip products.
- YSL Rouge Volupte in # 2 Sensual Silk (My holy grail that got discontinued! So soft, buttery, moisturizing and the perfect nude :(…why God? Why?! )
- Tom Ford Lipstick in #12 Nude Vanille (My current HG and everyday lip color since my beloved YSL got discontinued).
- Tom Ford Lipstick in #13 Blush Nude (I always mix this with another color though)
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Nude Kate ( New found love!)
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Fleshpot (Think Myth but a much pinker version. Just as drying and opaque though.)
- MAC Satin Lipstick in Myth ( The ultimate nude lip that everyone has tried. Love this and Fleshpot but the formula is horrible for dry lips!)
- Too Faced Lipstick in Naked Dolly (Close dupe for YSL #2. Very moisturizing as well).
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer in 001 (Perfect base. Perfect Plumper. Perfect Gloss.)
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lipgloss in 01 Naked (Super pigmented. Very shiny. More like a liquid lipstick.)
- MAC Lipgloss in Underage (Lipgloss with the same notoriety as Myth)