In my opinion, night-time skincare is the most crucial step to having healthy skin. As we sleep our skin regenerates and repairs itself. If you only have time for skincare once a day, make it before bed!
Evening Skincare Regime:
- I start by using makeup remover wipes. It breaks down your makeup and makes the cleansing process much easier. I love Target’s Up & Up Makeup Towelettes. They are cheap, stay moist and the wipe has great texture.
- Next I cleanse. I have been using Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser for years now. It’s my go to cleanser! It removes all my makeup and cleanses my skin without making it dry. The Chanel Mousse Confort is for my “oily” days as it can dry out my skin. Sometimes I’ll use my Clarisonic but it’s pretty rare. Not much a fan of it.
- After cleansing I use a toner. At the moment I am trying to find the right toner for my skin but so far I have been using Shiseido’s Pureness Softener. I use it with their cotton pads which I absolutely adore! Way better than ordinary cotton pads!
- Depending on how my skin is feeling I will next use a mask. I have many masks but a couple favorites are REN Glycol Lactic Face Mask (Review Here) or Avene Clenance Mask.
- If I don’t use a mask sometimes I will use an exfoliating pad. My favorite is Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads
- Once my skin is cleansed the first thing I put on is an AHA cream. AHA is the secret to beautiful glowing skin (Read More Here). I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle 12%. I started off with a lower percent but over the years have gradually upped my percentage.
- Next is serum. I currently use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (Review Here).
- Then I use my night cream. At the moment I am not using anything too fancy. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream is a basic moisturizer that gets the job done. No anti-aging benefits but thats what serum is for.
- Sometimes I will finish off with a hydrating finishing spray such as MAC Fix+, but this just depends on how my skin is feeling that day.
I don’t use any scrubs at night since I use them in the morning to buff away the dead skin cells my mask and AHA cream have caused. Remember just because it works for me doesn’t me it’ll work for you. Took me a very long time to find out which products were the best fit, all through trial and error! I have dry skin that is prone to redness. My main concerns are skin texture and tone. I hardly break out so I don’t use any products for acne.