Such a long name, I would’ve much preferred Radiance Mask. Anyway, I was introduced to this product by Sephora through a 100 point sample. Used it once and never looked back! I love this exfoliating/radiance mask. It removes dead skin cells to renew the complexion and give you a glow. No redness, no irritation or discomfort. At least none that I have experienced.
Im recently new to REN Skincare products but I am intrigued. They market themselves as a “clean” skincare line. No parabens, sulfates, mineral oil (thank god!), synthetic fragrance (although there must be some fragrance in here since it smells good) and a few other chemicals.
This mask contains Glycolic, Lactic, Citric and Tartaric Acids. Also contains Grape, Papaya, Passion Fruit & Pineapple extracts which help remove dead skin cells and exfoliate the skin. I am an exfoliating junkie! Any mask, scrub or cream that claims to exfoliate, I am down for! If I don’t exfoliate, I get very rough textured skin (thanks mom!). I’ve tried countless exfoliating masks and this is one of my favorites. Heres why:
- Does not burn, tingle or cause discomfort
- Once I wash it off I literally see a huge difference in skin tone. It’s actually brighter and more uniform in color. Banishes almost all of my redness!
- Leaves my skin super soft! It’s like it ate away at all my dead skin cells. I am always confused because I never feel anything so I wonder how it can be so gentle yet effective.
- Prepares my skin for my serums and creams
- Smells like oranges, so no bad smell. Im not big into smells though. If it works, I will use anything. No matter how fowl the smell.
- It comes with a washcloth so you can wipe it all off.
This product is definitely a product for a pampering day. It’s not a quick treatment. It says 10 minutes, but I leave it on for way longer. Sometimes an hour sometimes 4 hours, it all depends on the time I have. Even when I do leave it on for shorter time like 20 minutes, it still takes time to put all my hair up, apply, wait for it to work and then wash it off. It’s a bit hard to wash off, thats why they include the washcloth!
I really love this product, it actually does with it says. It truly does brighten my skin and exfoliate. It has great reviews online too. Try it out and let me know how it goes.
Retails for $55 at Sephora, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, SpaceNK and other beauty retailers.
(Photo Credit: Photo 1&2, RENSkincare.com)